Michael B. Nation was raised in Rockdale County, Georgia. He graduated from Heritage High School in 1993. Mr. Nation is a 1997 graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology and 2001 graduate of the University of Georgia School of Law. While attending graduate school in Athens, he also obtained a Masters degree in Business Administration. Mr. Nation was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in 2002.
Before opening his private practice law firm in 2005, Mr. Nation was employed with the Northern Judicial Circuit's Public Defender's Office. While there, Mr. Nation defended criminal cases of all types, from DUI to Murder, through trial and in appellate proceedings. During that time, he also attended the National Criminal Defense College in Macon, Georgia. Prior to actively practicing law, Mr. Nation served as law clerk to Hon. John Lee Parrott of the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit.
Mr. Nation is an active member of the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Rockdale County Bar Association. He also served for four years (2014 to 2018) as the Chairman of the Merit Review Board for the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office.
Mr. Nation is also honored to currently serve as the Chief Judge for the City of Conyers Municipal Court, a position he has held since August 2018. As judge in the city court, Mr. Nation presides over many types of misdemeanor criminal cases, as well as actions involving local ordinance violations and public nuisance matters. Additionally, Mr. Nation serves as an active member of the Executive Committee for the Council of Municipal Court Judges, representing District Four (Rockdale and DeKalb counties) of the municipal courts of Georgia.
Current Employment Position
- Law Office of Michael B. Nation, LLC, Solo-practitioner, 2005 to 2013
- Northern Circuit Public Defender's Office, Chief Assistant, 2005
- Criminal Defense 45%
- DUI 40%
- General Litigation 15%
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 2001
- University of Georgia, Athens
- M.B.A. - 2001
- Major: Business Administration
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
- B.S. - 1997
- Major: Management
- Georgia, 2002
- In house pro bono work is accepted on a case by case basis, 2005 to Present
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2003 to Present
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 2002 to Present