Russ was raised in DeKalb County, Georgia and is a 1970 graduate of Clarkston High School. In 1975, Mr. Moore obtained a BA degree from Georgia State University and, in 1980, a JD degree from Atlanta Law School. He has been a member of the Georgia Bar Association since 1980. In 1985 he completed the commercial real estate valuation school at Penn State University.
Prior to devoting his career exclusively to the practice of law, Mr. Moore spent a number of years engaged in the commercial real estate lending and securitization industry, with employment at Freddie Mac, as well as several banks local to the Atlanta area.
Since beginning his law firm, Mr. Moore has maintained a general civil practice and concentrated in the family and juvenile areas of the law. His commercial finance background provides him with a solid foundation concerning contract and commercial real estate legal matters, but Mr. Moore has also focused upon domestic law including such matters as divorce, child custody, child support, paternity, adoption, grandparent's rights, juvenile deprivation/dependency and delinquency, as well as termination of parental rights.
As part of Mr. Moore's practice in the juvenile area of the law, he has worked as a Court-appointed counsel, guardian ad litem and mental competency plan manager on hundreds of juvenile cases before the Rockdale County Juvenile Court. A noteworthy appellate case of Mr. Moore's can be reviewed at 291 Ga App 690; 662 S.E.2d 739; 2008. In recognition of his work Mr. Moore was awarded the 2008 "Light Of Hope" award by the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) of Rockdale County.
Mr. Moore has lived in Georgia most of his life, and in Rockdale County since 1982. He has been actively involved in his community. At one time or another Mr. Moore has belonged to the Chamber of Commerce and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. He has also served on the Board of Directors of both the United Way of Rockdale County and the United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta. Mr. Moore was a member of the 1997 Leadership Rockdale Class and chaired the Rockdale Medical Center Foundation Board of Directors during 2004 and 2005.
Current Employment Position
- Freddie Mac, Regional Director, 1982 to 1993
- Family/Domestic Law 50%
- Juvenile Law 40%
- Probate Law 10%
- Atlanta Law School, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1980
- A.B. - 1975
- Major: English; Political Science
- Georgia, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1980
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1980
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1980
- Domestic and juvenile cases, 2003 to Present
- Georgia Bar Association, Member, 1980 to Present
- Rockdale County Bar Association, 2004 to Present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Chamber of Commerce
- United Way of Rockdale County, Board of Directors
- United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta, Board of Directors
- Leadership Rockdale Class, Member, 1997 to 1997
- Rockdale Medical Center Foundation, Member, 2003 to Present
- National Association of Counsel for Children, Member, Present
- Georgia Association of Counsel for Children, Member, Present